PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 19th May 2018, 09:07
Kitiara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by highcirrus

Kitiara

Could you maybe post the basis for your opinion

I specifically differentiated between the articles and interpretation I posted and the opinion I posted since the opinion was simply that - my personal opinion. It is not based on any specific research, but rather is informed by my life experiences and what I have taken on board over the years as I have read news stories, talked with people and generally lived and worked in the UK. Basically, I don't see the basis for a case that the UK has suffered as a consequence of free movement. Certainly where I live, local farmers have benefitted significantly from EU migrant labour as has both local hospital. My GP is a Chinese immigrant and presently the only GP at the practice due to lack of applicants to fill vacancies. One of my neighbours is a German citizen who has lived in the village for 25 years, operates a business and employs 18 people.

I'm certain there are many that have different experiences to me, and thus hold different opinions, but my opinion is as it is.