PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GENERAL AVIATION SUMMIT 2018 - 9th & 10th JULY 2018
Old 15th May 2018, 01:59
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
I am in Vietnam at the moment and cant post much till i get back. However "the summit" is a standard ploy by the public service to deal with mounting criticism that is usually very effective from a public servant point of view in defanging the critics, keeping the PS in control of the issues and, of course, minimising useful change from the critics perspective. Everybody leaves with a warm inner glow leaving the same public servants in charge. Not much else happens. Sorry to rain on the parade.

I have run one such dog and pony show myself and participated in others. I will try and post some constructive comment in a week in the hope its useful. The odds are still stacked against GA and private pilots in my opinion and there is a less than equal chance of a positive result from a pilots perspective as opposed to an associations perspective.

First hurdle is exactly who sets the agenda, writes the position papers and takes the minutes? ......and this is not trivial procedural BS. another hint; work out membership of your own steering committee right effing now before the department suggests it. The first PS question they ask themselves is who can be bought off? With what?