PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Primera Air A320neo
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2018, 16:55
FlyTCI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RudderTrimZero
You're being foolish FlyTCI. Stop picking on little points I mentioned above and acting like you know this industry and every persons situation in extreme detail. I may just have been around in this industry as much as you. Primera is no BA, Lufthansa or Air France - we all know that. But precedence for the future was set a long time ago. Nothing anyone can do about that now. The irony is that a lot of people employed by Primera today come from a top 4 or 5 paying employer that went bankrupt last year.

1000s of euros a month? you are funny! No one would join (in the current recruitment climate) if that was really the case. If you want to talk further, PM me.
So you are saying there’s not 1000’s of euros per month in difference between the best and worst contracts on offer around Europe?

My beef with your post was based on the fact that one should be happy with a lower salary etc just because you gain new experience. I am no happier knowing that I do EDTO in a 737 (BBJ). What makes me happy is that, I would guess, I am pretty close to top of the food chain compared to most EU gigs when it comes to pay and time off aloowing me a good QOL. Granted my employer isn’t from the EU but does allow me to live in Europe. Not bragging, just saying what matters more to me than an added line to my CV.

So what if a bunch of spikey haired, young punks agreed to start paying for their types some 15-20 years ago and the industry started to take advantage of that? Why do we have to allow that precedence to continue to erode our conditions? In case you haven’t noticed, hiring is as good as it’s probably ever going to be in Euroland and the ball has shifted into our court. If we don’t take advantage of that as a group now then we have nobody but ourselves to blame for being taken advantage off. Change has to start somewhere, so why not today?

Look at what is currently happening in the US job market. A few years ago guys flying regional jets were slaving at $18-20k a year, now first year pay has at least doubled in a short matter of time. Not to speak about the big boys and the vast improvement to their contracts over the last couple of years. The pilots have the ace in their hands and they use it to better there hands even further. We can’t the same thing happen in Europe, even if to a lesser extent as the shortage is not as acute in Europe?

If you are happy where you are, then I’m happy for you. I just wish pilots in Europe could gather together and use their collective strength to better the conditions we work under.