PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Army
Thread: European Army
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 09:07
t43562

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
I think you are ascribing attitudes without justification. Can we just steer clear of dragging in the Daily Mail, UKIP, and the rest of the hate list? Who mentioned foreigners? Oh, you did of course. I was talking about the EU, many of whose apparatchiks are Brits anyway. If anything my faith is in the "foreigners" coming to their senses and dissolving this monstrous experiment in the harmonisation of the nations of Europe. On the whole they practice democracy and accept the will of their own electorates, but then of course they don't have a political agenda that transcends that will. That is the Achilles Heel of the EU which I think will lead to its eventual downfall, but the path to that outcome will not be pleasant. Therein lies my own reservations about an EU Army.
I'm pointing out that in one case you see an Army of a Union as an instrument of suppression but in the other you don't and I assume that because it doesn't appear to be on your list of 'bad' armies. Presumably harmonization is ok within nations but not between them too. I don't think that has any anti-Daily Mail overtones?