PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Trying to understand the financial Equation
Old 12th May 2018, 19:59
crewdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MusingMonk
what you are not accounting for is your sanity...

try to read some of the other threads.. and your estimates of savings have many flaws.. there are many other expenses in Dubai that you have no idea of. That you will realize when you are actually arrive here and start living .. hard to explain in a single post..

my suggestion.. come for interview .. experience Dubai.. ask around .. see how you feel then..

you are single now.. but do u intend to get married and have kids at some point ?? do u even know what expense kids are in Dubai..?
Is it possible to exclude sanity and emotion from this thread? I honestly dont know the expenses and that's why I came here. I was hoping to get some information. A little goes a long way! Please tell me what am I missing? I pay 48,000 a year in tax at 120K. That`s 40 percent of my pay check. I would consider that a big expense right? In addition my `roof over my head` expense that comes with no allowances cannot be avoided. I need somewhere to live right? Tax and house payments are the two biggest expenses which you dont get dinged on. Again, I`m not referencing working conditions or scheduling. Strictly accounting.

As for kids? I`m a one man band. I have no one to worry about but myself. Thanks for responding M-Monk. I appreciate any information you can give.