PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arthur Morris @ BNE
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 08:27
Freek Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone, I worked for the man for about 2 years. Some of the best experience I have ever had.

I think you will find that most peope who have worked their loved the experience and would not give it back for the world. With regard to the pay, the work is all casual so you get casual rates, but you do get a little more than 140 per day. Remember some days are very very long while others are very short, so i think the daily rate evens out over a year.

Most guys get in with about 1000 hours total time with maybe a little multi, then for the next couple of years you get about 60 hours / month twin engine all IFR, very valuable experience. Don't expet to get a look in unless you know someone who works there.

I think you guys were a little harsh on the aircraft, 4 navajos all up, 2 look like ****, and 2 look decent. The crap ones are used for the desert work. Maintenance is the best i have seen, all done by Rapair at AF. Broke down once in 2 years due to a starter motor problem.

Most of the comments have been negative because most people have not worked there. I guarantee anyone who has worked for Mr Morris will talk highly of the job. But he is still the rudest person I have ever met. Always good to his pilots though, pays when he should, super etc, and no matter how much he dislikes someone always gives them a great reference for future jobs. I think it is really pointless knocking on the door unless you know someone, sucks but thats the way it works.