PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2018, 21:57
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air India & March figures

Originally Posted by ATNotts
One half of me says that politicians should be kept well out of the way when deciding airline policy; the other that very possibly without lobbying by Punjabi MPs, and left to it's own devices AI would have concentrated on London - as virtually all other international airlines do, and kicked BHX into the long grass.
Quite possibly but difficult to ignore 14444 passengers (March 2018) - even without AI surely one airline somewhere could make money on BHX- India?

March 2018 Passenger figures - very creditable down just 3% per the CAA stats at 879517. I suggest you look away when April is published but May seems to be ticking along although I believe still down.

The problem with April 18 other than the blinking obviously (loss of Monarch) was the timing of Easter and Jet2 compensating as much as they could was nowhere near what Monarch used to offer. However looking at their booking engine if they had the aircraft they could have offered more and this is continuing on some routes such as Malaga with 10 out of the next 11 days sold out.

Emirates in March was staggering averaging 543 per flight at 88% (based on 615), signs of life on Doha (74%) and Turkmenistan nearly doubling their passengers.

Pete