PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOFTWARE UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin, April 23, 2018!
Old 5th May 2018, 12:12
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DHfan
Yes, but why would I want that? It's the garish white and yellow I changed away from as soon as you explained how to on the desktop.
I'm glad it's not just me that's experienced this change; I must have tried everything already listed at least twice to get the forum looking like it did before yesterday's change, all to no avail. It still defaults to the mobile style on non-mobile devices that don't happen to be running Windows. I've been right back through this thread, and whereas doing as suggested in this post: SOFTWARE UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin, April 23, 2018! used to do exactly as it says, offer two options, the first under the "ClassicNextGen Styles" option being "Default Style" (which returned the screen to a watchable, toned down blue/grey colour scheme), but that option has now been removed, and the only option available is the very garish "PPRuNe NG", which is frankly pretty dire, IMHO.

It looks as if something has been changed in the last 24 hours to remove that "Default Style" from the selections available for some reason, may be by accident, may be by intent (although I can't see a good reason for removing a pretty good style option).

So, is there any chance that the "Default Style" can be put back as an option, please? By all means leave the initial default as PPRuNe NG (for those not using the mobile style), so that users have to physically go into the User CP to change to the style they prefer, but I can't see any harm in allowing that, it can only be a good thing for users to have this option back.