PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Negotiate
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:33
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not that hard.

Union gives a list of specifics and says here is what we require (which reflects a realistic retroactive inflationary adjustment as well as RPs--although RP-07 is not all that much different than RP-16 and neither are very strong documents). Perhaps add an extra 5% for some wiggle room back down to baseline in pay to 'compromise'. Restoration of 13th month and housing certainty an absolute requirement; without that a non-starter. And probably shore up the 13th month (and some other stuff) in concrete so folks can't be screwed in the future.

Company says 'cannot'

Union says 'well, give us a call when you can'

Then off fishin'

I don't like to name call personally. I believe there have been some grossly poor decisions made, but these decisions made I think were made not understanding the backlash they would create. Or the true damage a 'rolling reserve' scheduling process can do to an airline (where rosters are more placeholders than anything else). There is good reason most majors have 'owned' rosters backfilled with real reserve assets.

IMHO the 'hedging loss' and other chicanery is simply a red herring and ruse. In any case, it's not something we base OUR decision making process around.

IMHO, the company loves to play 'stupid.' IMHO they also like to warp the truth.

Problem is when you do either you can't really figure out if someone really IS stupid or is pretending, or is telling the truth or lying. So this doesn't work that well regardless. And you create a void of trust which cannot be easily fixed.

IMHO they also love the fat chick bait and switch; where they promise and stall to get them through gaps then right back to bizness as usual. Stall, stall, stall.

So absent a concrete yes, it's time to walk away. And go do something fun.

But probably not go to a rigged carnival game. It'll remind you too much of work.