PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:31
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew Haines said : it is important we retain as much influence as possible in this global system .[..] If continued membership of EASA is unachievable, we should adopt the existing EASA regulatory system, rather than developing a new framework from scratch. This option is available to any third-party country, and is one that, I believe, would provide clarity and certainty for the aviation industry.” Unquote.
Well it is a bit incompatible I would say. as I see with the others third parties members of EASA, you do not have nay influence at all you just follow the rules without having a say in what the others decide..A sad situation for a Country like the UK with his history in both Aviation and Safety management. Let's hope reason will prevail at one stage or another.
That said, there are still quite a few people in the EU that believe there will be in the end another referendum that will reverse the first one .