PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion FAA to EASA
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2018, 17:37
sammy95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
I just found this forum as I was searching about FAA to EASA conversions. I have few questions, hopefully one of you will be able to answer it

I am an Icelandic citizen, however, I am getting my training in the US and currently I am working on the IFR or IR which I am almost done with. I will have to stay in the US until January 2019, because I am completing my Bachelor's degree in Management, so I want to use my time wisely and collect 250 hours total to get my CPL.

1. I am wondering if getting my MEL, would be a good idea right after the CPL, or should I save my money and come and do it in Europe?
2. Where can I convert my license as soon as possible and be done hopefully by the end of 2019? I know I have heard the process itself takes some time but I am really interested in getting done by the end of 2019.
3. My preference is to do this in Iceland, however, one flight school confirmed that they DO NOT offer conversion courses. I have yet to ask the other school. I was hoping one of you might be able to recommend a good reputable institution, with good prices and awesome instructors? I would prefer to stay within the Scandinavian countries but I am open to ideas about other EU countries!

I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you.