View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2018, 14:51
Flightlevel100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamie2009
What's Exeter like as a base for a FO on the Q400? Busy? Night stops etc

Thanks

Jamie
Nightstops come and go. Mostly to fill a gap in another base for 1-3 days. Most nightstops are by yourself and not with a full crew so slightly boring. Often close to the airport and not in the city.

If you want to join an airline for the Fancy nightstops then Flybe isn’t your airline. Some bases have the occasional crew nightstop. I don’t believe there are crew nightstops from EXT on the Dash.

All bases are fairly equally busy, pilots are capped to 750 hrs a year. I assume pilots in the least popular bases are a bit busier since there will always be a bit more of a shortage than southerly bases, however plans change quick and then all of a sudden there is a shortage somewhere for a few month.

Ext is a small base with a small number of crew, not that many routes (check the website, the sun routes are ejet) so you will be doing a lot of the same routes I think (especially if you are London city trained). However don’t expect to get EXT upon joining and possible also not with your first bid...