PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 30th Apr 2018, 11:52
highcirrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BizJetJock

But the commission immediately pointed out that we cannot remain in EASA because, as the rules make clear, this is open only to EU members.
I think that you might be stretching the point somewhat by writing that I agree with you. The nub of the matter is that the Commission was entirely factual stating and Dr North entirely correct in reporting that UK cannot remain in EASA on leaving the EU. It is not for the Commission to suggest remedies to the British Government and, indeed, is politically dangerous to do so. Any attempt by the Commission to point out that the simple expedient of UK remaining in EEA/Single Market as an EFTA member rather than an EU member, post Brexit, would be seized upon by all and sundry as "interfering in UK politics" (and quite rightly so). Hence the merely bald statement of fact.

Finally, I'm not sure what you mean by:
So this paper from a functionary at EASA is at best bureaucratic arse covering and at worst political **** stirring.
Can you expand?