PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arthur Morris @ BNE
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2003, 20:33
Skin-Friction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arthur's Scrap-Machines

I'm buying into this subject because, well let's face it, it is cathartic to have a whinge! - but also, I've got to look at these god-forsaken scrap heaps every other day, and I'll tell you, it's not easy on the eye!

I just cannot understand how a fare paying passenger would get on one of these dung pile machines. The engines probably are half reasonable, but the appearance is pure putrification - Do I make my point?

I have heard - and since this is a RUMOUR network - why not say it - that Arthur's poor pilot's receive $140.00 per day for their trouble. Makes packing at woolies look like a very attractive proposition! - particularly if you have to go and fork out 10 grand for a rating - followed by a few years spent getting a very brown tongue!

I haven't met the person and won't buy into the argument about what sort of a guy he is, but I do agree with a previous poster in saying that It gives general aviation in Queensland a bad name having these machines present to the public every day - they are quite shameful.