PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 27th Apr 2018, 13:26
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a rarity in the UK at present someone who can see some positives and negatives in both sides of the BREXIT debate. I completely agree with the poster about the issue of licences etc as a bit of a storm in a tea cup. Licences will continue to be issued and will be valid. Some agreement will be made. Both sides have too much to lose otherwise. Once we put our one sided sabre rattling down its a very easy concept to understand. We all know that.

The polarisation on this thread alone, on just one forum is a replication of the polarisation in society in the UK at present. BREXIT will go down in history as the milestone in the inability of British people to see both sides of an arguement. It's here it's now it's present.

The indicator of the is the issue of a very blunt yes or no vote on a massively complex issue. And the reluctance in some quarters to logically and sensibly take a casting vote on the whole issue once we as sensible and logical people and "sabre rattling" "willy waving" and "whatabouterism" on both sides has desisted and genuine decent calm human beings are given time to read and fully understand what the relationship between us and the European will look like going forward. As human beings this is exactly the behaviour that most, other than those unable of critical thinking would do in every single aspect of our lives. Impossible if you are too busy trying to rattle your sabre higher and more vigorously than someone with an alternate view, l know. But the fact remains it's our normal modus operandi in general life.

Polarised thought. Not our greatest talent.

Anticipating incoming sabres from from both sides. The rare and sadly very small group of balanced observers are sat watching proceedings in berwilderment. It's like witnessing two tribes tearing each other apart. We are, as a nation, hardly covering ourselves in glory. I do not hold much hope for much agreement if the rest of the thread is anything to go by. If so, then just put my thoughts in the "another view" column and carry on the mortal combat.