PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2018, 06:24
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank-you all very much for your contributions, some very interesting stuff.

I was not aware that the apprentices go through JOC training as part of the scheme, which sounds great but does beg the question why the requirement for JOC and currency when training is conducted during the apprenticeship? I hope that the apprentices are not expected to pay for the additional training.

The VA open day looks good, however I note that the requirements state “To be eligible for the Open Day, you should already be undergoing commercial pilot training and be expecting to have a completed CPL ME/IR by the end of 2018.” Does this mean that people who already have the licence and MCC/JOC are excluded? If so that’s a real shame and is just a VA marketing scheme to promote their courses.

I assume that the recruitment ad is still open to stop people who have already applied and been rejected from reapplying for the next entry, maybe they will introduce a rule stopping rejected applicants from reapplying for 12 months after rejection, I hope not.

I have read lots of good things about Jet2 as an employer on PPRuNe and I don’t think that I have read any negatives about working for them.

Thanks again for your opinions, keep them coming.