PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the skids?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2003, 06:41
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some good and rational debate for a change.

I welcome input from ATC, and I will listen to and take up any issues PM'd me with the AOPA Board. On NAS I am a supporter, but have swung that way after listening to reasoned debate. None of that has been presented by AFAP or CivilAir, thier scaremongering has turned me very much against their agenda!!!

I am an unashamed 'bugsmaher' pilot. I fly my way, I fly about 10 hours a week 'commuting', I occasionally fly IFR (but don't like it in a SE a/c) I have a transponder, I keep it serviced to give IFR people nice accurate TCAS (even though I don't actually need it). I even change track to make it easy for the Dunk-Cairns guys to get in and out. What I am saying is, "we are all in this together".

But, I too am sick of "remain OCTA" because there is one Dash-8 in the Maroochy airspace mish-mash. And unless someone invents a VTOL 747 I dont see why I can't cross straight over Cairns at 1500 feet (through a lane of course) avoiding the approach and departure run ins (sort of a high Victor One).

Anyway, feel free to PM, I am interested and will listen and represent your views.

AK