PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 23rd Apr 2018, 19:10
jackrabbitslim7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Employability

Hello everyone,

I have started my PPL in France at a local club (only 6 hours in) and wondering what would be best :
- Continue my modular in France, and if all goes well, finishing in 2 to 4 years, so I would be 32 - 33 when applying for a job (not necessarily Arline pilot but any pilot job would satisfy me) so maybe a bit old.
- Do a 0-fATPL program (I'm thinking Bartolini or other school in Europe) hopefully finishing sooner and being able to apply sooner for jobs. Also, I know Bartolini is teamed with Wing Alliance so they have some connections with companies.

The modular in France would allow me to keep my job for some time but probably add some time to my qualifications, Bartolini or another full time training would allow me to apply way sooner for jobs.

I also wonder if a recruiter would prefer someone who traveled (and so, have been forced to use English only for his whole training) or wouldn't care about a applicant having done all his training close to home.
I ask because I intend after being qualified to apply to any company, at least in Euroope, maybe in the world (but then there is the problem with converting licenses to FAA or any other authority).

Also, in Europe aside from airline pilot and flight instructor, what jobs can you do as a pilot (while being paid at least the minimum), I wonder if GA is developed like I think it is in USA, seems to me that in Europe you have either big companies or nothing. Could be wrong tho.

Thanks in advance for your insights.
jr