PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the skids?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2003, 06:30
89 steps to heaven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Declaring my viewpoint first, I am an ATC.

Just trying to put a slightly different view on the subject. Over many years, the Australian & US aviation cultures have developed in ways that were suitable for each situation. Similar but different culture & training.

If we are to implement what is basically the US system, it not only needs the technical base to support it, but we need to adopt the underlying culture & training as well.

For safe implementation, this needs to be in place before the change. Is a 4 week lead time enough?

ATC's have been developing procedures and training packages for many weeks, but I understand that many commercial operators have not yet started any training and PPL's, unknown.

I do have concerns with the changes, no advantage at all by changing class C to class E, why do not all aircraft involved in IFR pickup have a say before someone climbs through their level, etc, but I believe that we should always review what we do to see if we can do it better.

The current NAS2b implementaion proposal has too many flaws. Lets do it properly and not have cause to regret at length.