PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 20th Apr 2018, 00:02
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by polax52
That 43% was a figure from a consortium of British Airports, which headlined last year. I'll try to find a link for it. I agree that if agreement is found with the EU, which I suppose it will be(???), then planes will fly. The cost of that agreement would also, I suppose, be high.

Regarding your other point, Britain has around 1000 registered commercial Airliners. The majority of those are benefiting from EU open skies. I'm baffled by your first statement, it's wrong.
You're CAPA link is interesting - some articles definitely thought provoking, some absolutely not.

As for the 1,000 UK aircraft benefiting from EU Open Skies....

Again, not arguing, but in which / what way ? I'm sure someone will come on very quickly and correct me, but at the moment I can only think of Easy who have non-UK bases with permanently based aircraft flying on a UK AOC and with UK crews, who have made the same success of EU Open Skies as, say, Ryanair, Wizz, Germanwings, Transavia, Vueling, etc....

Maybe that's just a UK thing, but EU Open Skies has certainly not helped the majority of UK airlines a whole lot more than good, old, bi-Laterals had the UK never been in the EU. If anything, UK airlines have struggled as bottom feeders from Eastern and Southern Europe have taken huge percentages of the UK <> EU market and beyond the EU.

At the end of the day, I reckon aviation in general will not be hugely affected come BREXIT day, despite the EASA announcement EXCEPT crews and engineers who will have to decide whether to stay where they are now ; head for home from wherever they are now ; or up sticks and go to wherever because they like / dislike the impact BREXIT might have on their careers.