PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One pilot union for all Australian pilots.
Old 19th Apr 2018, 08:37
Don Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tuner, you don't have any idea of how the MBF works otherwise you wouldn't say such things. If you can't figure out why the MBF will not "open up" their membership then write to them and ask them, I am not going to enter into the reasons here because you simply will not accept it ergo it will be a total waste of my time. In the meantime you assert that (post113) " attempting to dilute mainline industrial coverage across 2 unions will only serve to weaken mainline pilots' positions in bargaining that has already started in short haul and about to start in long haul." Is that so?? Do you really believe that?? Oh you do believe that, then perhaps you could explain why the AIPA did exactly that to the regionals back in 2004 and to VA a few years later?? Do I need to tell you the facts in both those matters or will you ring the COM and ask them??
Megan, Gallagher was so far to the left even the union movement threw him out, his only ambition in life was the complete destruction of capitalism and he (NG) saw the union movement a nothing more than a tool to get that very job done. He never had anything to do with AFAP in fact no doubt viewed them as those rotten capitalist bast#$ds.
blowngasket, so the AIPA didn't want to change their rules for Impulse but they sure as hell couldn't wait to do so when a few disgruntled EAA blokes came knocking. I wonder why that was???
So the AIPA has shot itself in the foot.The action that they took back in 04/05 and later with VA will be the very precedent that settles the matter in favour of the AFAP.