PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the skids?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 23:24
Time Bomb Ted

Location: Think of a happy place. Think of a happy place. Think of a happy place
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good onya AOPA. It is about time AOPA got its act together and represented the GA pilot. The new board seems to be representing the average GA pilot, by having a couple of GA pilots on the board. Well done.

I was one of the approximately 4000 people who attended the NAS mass briefing around the country. I think that there would have been about 0.1% of the total in Brissy who would have opposed the NAS. Just a couple of ATC types who would have thrown a hissy fit in between calculating their Super Payout...... As a senior instructor who will have to teach the up and coming Airline Pilots of this country, I say one thing. BRING IT ON!

I'm sick and tired of hearing, "Clearance not available, remain OCTA". We have some of the best Air Traffic Controllers in the world, but they seem to be hamstrung by the system. Case in point. I was flying out of Canberra last week when we were told to hold OCTA. There was 2 other aircraft in the whole Canberra Zone....... 1 X Dash 8, 1 X RAAF Biz Jet. Holy butt fluff batman, 2 aircraft in nearly 15,000 square kilometers of airspace. Must have been a collision hazard. We were then told to make best possible speed down final for runway 30. First hold then stoke up the coals........ Make up your Freekin Mind..... It costs us money you know.

Stop yer whingin an get on with it.

TBT