PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the skids?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 20:49
tsnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowdown,

As usual nailed it in one! You did leave out one small rider. Yes, the government will listen to the airport owners and regional councils and then to the airlines, but only after an accident.
As we both know the views of pilots do not represent the views of their employers who are only really interested in making money, despite their mouthings about safety. Qantas, and to a lesser extent Virgin Blue, have much bigger fish to fry eg. trans-Tasman and getting their maulers on Air New Zealand.
You can bet Anderson has had quiet words in the ears of both Dixon and Godfrey. He wants Dick to have a nice present for his 60th birthday. The party's at Gundaroo so John won't have to go too far.

Gaunty,

I admire the efforts you and the team have made to make AOPA relevant and effective in aviation matters but to be blunt, that press release is a joke. I can certainly understand a desire to maintain good relations with all players in the industry but the media aren't in the least interested in such reasonableness.

I have commented before on the challenge AOPA faces. Until it can prove to the media it is not a club for very rich boys and girls indulging in a hobby, it will not be regarded as a serious player. This press release doesn't help one iota.