PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM - Air France (merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 20:46
Ludo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Pointer and Pax Vobiscum , I work for AF, and I challenge you to find a better airline to work for. Yes I have worked for other airlines and in other countries, and I can say from experience that it is indeed a fair employer. AND it is making money, unlike many at the moment, AND it hasn't laid off anyone unlike many despite 9/11 and SARS (please spare me the State aids bit, because it didn't receive any since 1994). It is hiring people from other French airlines gone belly up as a priority. Which airline/country could boast the same?
So what do the KLM people should fear? They are loosing money now and would be out of business anyway in a few years if not months, so why AF should be a worse fate than this? Is teamwork such a hard concept to grasp?

aeroskid
While the French govt makes life difficult for low cost carriers
French govt is NOT making life difficult for low cost carriers. It is applying the law (no, you cannot cry outrage at state aids for flag carriers and then extort money to minor airports hiding behing the fig leaf of...what was the excuse already?)
Plus, consider those some of those low frills are based outside France, and if they are based in France they employ people with Irish/UK contracts. Which means that there will be less people paying for retirement pensions in France but still working in France! And that those people get less rights that their French counterparts, and lower requirements! For example, a CC on a UK or EI contract is NOT required to have CSS, which French CC MUST have, which is a professional CC licence delivered by the DGAC (French CAA)which grants more professsionnality than a piece of paper delivered in 3 weeks by any scruffy airline. Call the French stupid if they'd rather have it their it way.

Give me a French job any day!