PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - degree in ac maintenance engineering
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 20:07
eng123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krystal n chips,

You are correct in questioning this guy as to whether he wants to work in maintenance or manufacturing.A degree is of little use in maintenance so if you want to work in maintenance then forget the degree.For what it's worth,I work in maintenance and do not possess a degree but thoroughly enjoy my job.I don't regret any choices I have made in my career path so far.I read in the paper today that less than 1 in 3 people can say that so we can't be that bad in maintenance!

HOWEVER!!

Can you please define 'Tabloid reading Luddites'??!! What the **** is a luddite? Oh,by the way,I read The Sun.Maybe that explains it.Thinking about it,maybe if I had a degree then I would know what a 'luddite' is [obviously my 'o' level grade 'A' [honest guv] does not qualify me in English Language.Ho Humm!!

By the way,my 'purely vocational qualification' earns me 46K basic plus overtime.I'm sure that your degree must earn you more so please don't embarass me by stating how much you earn.Oh ok,you can if you like.....

Personal and intellectual development???!! As I have said,I thoroughly enjoy my job,every day is different,learning more and more about the aircraft all the time.AOG aircraft down-route is often a challenging and rewarding experience.Especially when a night stop is involved..........!!!

I would like to mention my true feelings about your envious,condescending attitude,but having already engaged the likeable Genghis in similar confrontations and been awarded a yellow card,I feel I can't for fear of being banned!

All the best,
technician123.