PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2018, 15:17
A_Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Onceapilot
There seems to be an interesting difference between Russia/Syria and coalition partners claims on missile losses. Russia seem to be claiming 70 odd losses and coalition claim none. It seems that, surprisingly, the Donald might be closer to the true news, rather than the fake news. I wonder if we will see some more info today?

OAP

This is the question of my real interest, too. "None" is definitely a propaganda for house wives, 70 (of 103-105) looks a bit unrealistic for me, either. I would expect 30-40% of intercepted cruise missiles.
However, they (the Syrians) knew the time, the direction (except maybe for the one where B-1B were shooting from), there were no anti-SAM missiles used prior to the attack.

Now the burden of proof is on the Syrian side. They have access to debris, holes on the ground and in buildings, etc. However, when a Tomahawk is intercepted by BuK or Pantzyr rocket, the result might be close to dust...

I am not sure we will see 100% convincing evidences and all sides will remain with their opinions.