PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lack of confidence. Issues with school
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2018, 18:52
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Change school! Anywhere that can't keep reasonable continuity in your instructor is a problem. That doesn't mean any individual, or even any of them, are bad instructors - but 10 is silly. Find a school that will provide reasonable assurances that you'll stick with one instructor as far as possible throughout your course - talk to some existing or recent students to confirm they're telling the truth.

Different instructors will have, and teach, different flying styles - I wasn't there, but going around, or correcting may have been the right answer: possibly in both circumstances (although going around is the more normal best practice for PPL training).

There's also an issue that a well run school should put some significant work into standardisation, so you *shouldn't* see too much variation in teaching technique across the team. They you are seeing significant variation doesn't bode well.

I can't say I'm surprised that you are having confidence issues with that many instructors, that's unlikely to be you!

G