PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2018, 20:20
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by recceguy
You will notice that US commanders and President Trump now list France before UK,
They know how to spell fcuk, and firetruck, so why does that surprise you?
Originally Posted by larssnowpharter
I noticed that the general giving the Pentagon briefing to the press corps failed to answer a valid question from one of the assembled members of the 4th Estate. The question was along the lines of, 'Were any of the allied aircraft painted by Russian radar?'
That was actually a stupid question by that journo, lars. One might as well ask "do birds crap on your car?" The general was right to ignore that idiot.
Originally Posted by JPJP
Typhoon was there to protect the French Mirage, in case of a hasty retreat. Ummm, I meant a ‘fighting withdrawal’.
I was unaware that a Mirage had a reverse gear.

@Airbubba
Hezbollah media sources denied the reports and said that the explosions at the site resulted from explosives detonating within the warehouse.
Anybody can have an ordnance handling problem. I am puzzled at why the Syrians blamed that on an air strike.
Let's examine a few cases:
1. Israelis in invisible aircraft attack the base
2. Some people on that base get frantic orders, after Friday's strikes, to move some stuff from X to Y and a few people screw up an ordnance handling procedure.
3. Rogue American (or British, or French, etc) pilots take off and attack the base with no orders from above.

I'll bet on 2, with two plus decades of time in service to inform my guess.
Maybe I put a side bet on 1 if the IDF thought they could sneak one in while the world was in a tizzy over the cruise missile strikes.