PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the skids?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 12:48
QSK?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks snarek:

I agree with your comments re ADSB both here and in the other forum "Dick Lovers". You should also note that I have suggested the implementation of ADSB in an earlier entry (page 3) of this forum.

Certainly, I believe that the implementation of ADSB will overcome a lot of the safety concerns that I, and others, have for G/E airspace operations under NAS. The only problem I have is that the NASIG is hell bent on implementing the airspace changes now, when I believe that any implementation without ADSB (or some other surveillance or conflict detection tool)to be completely unsafe. No one will ever convince that "see and avoid" is a satisfactory SOLE MEANS of identifying and resolving conflicts. I tried that, and I assure you it don't work!

Its not that I don't think there are some positives with NAS, its just the "slash and burn" implementation approach that NASIG is adopting that scares the sh#$ outta me! Isn't CASA supposed to be oversighting the safety aspects of the NASIG implementation. Where are they on this issue?