PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 13th Apr 2018, 21:35
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aligee
After reading the link provided I found this to be interesting

The European Union’s aviation safety legislation applies in 32 European countries – the current 28 EU Member States and the following four associated countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland. The countries to which this legislation applies will, for the purposes of simplification, hereafter be referred to as "EASA Member States".

Could the 4 associated countries become 5 in the next couple of years ?
I doubt EASA would complain, but the UK government seem to want to completely distance themselves from all things European, even if it's related to the EU or not. It's quite a bizarre road to go down. EU withdrawal is one thing, but there is no logical reason why associate membership of external agencies can't be maintained, especially if it will allow at least one industry to continue as it is today and has no direct link to the referendum result or is even something the electorate even know the slightest thing about. Or is May scared that staying in EASA will cause breixteers to riot in the streets?

From the moment that the UK joined the EU, the island nation has always asked for exemptions and exeptions from standard EU rulings. Why?
What makes the UK so special that it requires a different treatment compared to any other EU nation? Good riddance.
The UK will become some sort of Taiwan-China, known as UK-EU. Totally dependent and waiting for permission from Brussels in all affairs.
Couldn't have put it better myself...and I'm in the UK! Has a country ever gone to such lengths to deliberately weaken it's global standing so much?