PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK pilot shortage admitted by TC
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2018, 07:16
BANANASBANANAS

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Monarch Man
Great post 101, you’ve nailed it, and please let me add to it if I may.

I noted with interest the latest missive from fleet encouraging openness and encouraging interaction, in a way the author is merely transferring his thoughts as to how he expects circumstances to progress, much like it possibly could back in the real world, so here is my response in the context of 101’s excellent post.

Dear Mr B.

Undoubtedly by now you are gaining an in-depth understanding of the complexities and differences between your current role and your previous roles in Luton and Swords, it is admirable that you have shown thus far a willingness to communicate your thoughts and actions in a way that shows some transparency.
I hope that as time has progressed you are becoming aware through your own methods and experience of the true nature of the organisation you now receive remuneration from. I ask you to compare the leadership style and effectiveness of your previous employer compared to the present, I’d also ask you to then view this in the context of pilot retention, recruitment and sentiment towards those that impose their missives, thoughts, whims and punitive prejudice towards the pilot workforce.
If you can achieve this, I hope as many others also do, that you will gain an understanding as to why a great many of us view anything emanating from HQ as merely lip service and animal manure designed to deflect from the key issues of ineffective leadership and autocratic ineptitude.
Mr B, until significant changes take place regarding attitudes from the top down, this growing crisis of a lack of Pilots and Cabin Crew will merely deepen as will the negative perceptions of our employer amongst potentially valuable future candidates for the roles that are needed to be filled.
In conclusion, your immediate predecessors have begun their roles in much the same way as yourself, vigour and transparency is soon replaced with compliance and non communication, until such time as change takes place get used to more resignations and a lack of suitable candidates.

Regards

MM

Brilliant MM.

Your letter should be forwarded to Mr B immediately, as well as being printed multiple times and stuck on the toilet walls of every bog in EGHQ.