PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What salary to ask for
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2018, 09:36
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kelly Hopper
I wouldn't say "sad." Just an anti-Klimax!!
I went back to good flying and got back my enjoyment of the job. I am afraid I am not alone in my experience either as more and more are beginning to see the light now?
Unfortunately the egomaniacs are infiltrating the entire business now so finding, and more importantly keeping, a decent job is becoming quite rare.
I know everyone wants that big shiny jet and they don't come much shinier than the Gulfstream but really, it was not for me. The endless fatigue (jet lag) made me question my entire existence. It made dodging the backstabbers even harder.
I understand your experiences with the jet lag side of flying the long range Gulfstreams (or any other long range jet), and agree this CAN be a flip side of the coin. But, again, this all depends on the specific aircraft (frame/owner) and how he travels (layover times, time of departure etc.).

However I'm sincerely interested in know what you define as "good flying"? is it smaller biz jets with lots of sectors and regional or back to airlines or what? Thank you.