PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One pilot union for all Australian pilots.
Old 9th Apr 2018, 07:03
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have also forgotten about the disdain that the OB had for non airline operations and the fact that their money was being used to support such, nothing has changed there in 37 years.
Don D,
My memory goes back much longer, and the complete disdain of non-airline members in the state branches by the dominant domestics. And I speak as an office holder in those days, including OSB Treasurer.

In fact, what I well remember to this day, as the occasional AFAP OSB rep. on NSW RAPAC,( which had only just been invented) supporting GA and groups like Gliding Federation against incessant demands other AFAP branches, by domestic "airline pilots" that other operations be restricted when they wanted to use "the air". Always without any detailed justification, just assertions about "unsafe".

"Full Position Reporting" by gliders was always the lulu.

Something else that hasn't changed to this day, demanding responses to "perceptions of risk", when admitting there was no demonstrated risk.

No, I don't think AFAP has changed much, even thought names change, the culture remains.

Tootle pip!!