PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it with this site??
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2018, 17:06
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FullOppositeRudder
I guess the point PPT is making is that the site does accept links to Facebook as evidenced by his successful inclusion of a link to FB.

Are you able to see that link? If not, then the issue would seem to be with your browser. If you can see it, then there is perhaps a more puzzling issue with the browser when you use it to post.

Perhaps try a different browser? Perhaps tell us about what you are using to post and/or view - both OS and browsing program /app...

There has to be an answer.

Rgds
FOR
Thank you FOR,

Yes I can see that link that PPT posted and it clicks through just fine so probably not a browser issue. (This is on my laptop using W7 and Firefox).

Years ago IIRC, PPRuNe blocked links to Farcebook and I, perhaps incorrectly? assumed that that was still the case. If so but that's now changed then I apologise for jumping to conclusions.

But I'm still bemused why the system refuses to 'show' links to FB when I was trying to post them. It was nothing dodgy or NSFW, just something about a gentleman who recently passed away.

Like you say, there has to been an answer but the more technically challenged of us can find it incredibly frustrating in working out what that answer is.

CS