PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wings Alliance APC
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2018, 09:56
gfunc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cadet737B
I just want advice.. I hold the CPL with MCC, but done it more than 5 years ago, do you believe is a good idea to do APC right now at my age of 32? Or better go for a type rating self sponsor? Or would you do FI? I'm not sure but there are so many possibilities, not sure what Is best...

I gotta say, I'm currently updated, with my IR and ME and CRM , with 737-8 fixed sim , attending once every week, since 6 months.

Thanks for the help
Tough choice! One thing I would recommend against is doing a speculative type rating without a firm job offer: you'll waste your money as every company will want you trained to their SOPs so you might even end up paying for two type ratings. The FI is only worth doing if you actually have a passion for teaching - for the sake of the next generation of pilots please don't go this route if your motive is just to keep the logbook ticking over (invest that cash in a C152 share instead). I'm not sure what you are alluding to saying "at my age of 32"; if you think you are past it I did the APC at 36 and my TR at 37.

One thing I suggest you research further (I confess haven't looked into it as I'm onto the next stage) is the forthcoming proposed changes to the MCC (I think called MCC-APS) that could affect you applying for jobs in the future as might mean your 5-year old MCC doesn't meet the selection criteria. From what I understand, the WA course in its current form is compliant with the proposals - please do check with people who know!

Originally Posted by LaGuardia
Wasn't a problem for them if you did a MCC already before?
No it wasn't an issue as they put me on a shorter (and cheaper) course.