PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the skids?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2003, 17:02
WALLEY2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNAREK

I am not ATC and would love to read an analysis that could help to show what the risk is for CTAF airport with GA and 737 mixing it.

Or even a major regional airport in USA similar to ours at AYERS, BROOME, KAL etc.

I just hate proceeding without that analysis and instead a "trust me approach" led by a person who was so damningly criticised by BASI for very poor leadership and over involvement in other staff rightful responsibilities, in an airspace trial carried out in Aust !!!

If you look at NASAs woes you can't help but see the same pitfalls of the process that leads to a disaster.

To date this is not a lineball decision going in favour of NAS vs Alternatives. There has been no data presented or analysed by the proponents of NAS.

The "it works in USA it will work here approach" is not even supported by the team they sent to USA or the USA experts they had barn storming around Aust. Both groups say our Reionals would be towered and 737s would be flying within radar and positive ATC.

OK that knocks out comparative analysis; so do a design analysis. Oops for CTAF that has been done CASA, BIA and it says can't use CTAF and See-and-avoid.

No sane manager of airspace architecture would impliment the terminal airspace suggested when informed of these facts from credible data and credible analysis by appropriately qualified and experienced personnel.

No facts no analysis then NO CHANGE sorry but that is the only sane approach and I condemn anyone who proceeds without that modus operandi.

Every court in the Land will judge the action not just foolhardy but negligent. If you have read the CASA 2002 report you will see that the Chief Justice has defined the act of negligence for Risk Management.

Under Justice Gibbs dictum if the implimentation of CTAF to a regional airport contributes to a disaster then it is a civil and quite possibly a criminal act.

That is the stakes we are playing for unfortunately the Minister would be protected by his Sovereign rights. Not the other non government players,they are open for legal liability and prosecution.

None of this helps those who are damaged due to the flaw in our airspace changes.

Airspace accidents happen around uncontrolled airports don't mess with its procedures without proof of the acceptability of the intended changes.

NO FACTS, NO DATA, NO ANALYSIS, NO PROOF NO CHANGE