PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers in Cargo Hold?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2018, 09:34
Starbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlankBox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oTI-z1RAEU

...watch the snake unfold...watch the happy stewies...watch how much frikken leg room there was...
Thank you for that BlankBox, very interesting indeed. Firstly for confirming the location of the stairs and secondly for confirming my brain is indeed completely screwed as I recall a very much more complex system than that shown which was "relatively" simple.

However my interest is now fully piqued as I wonder if indeed that was actually a Court Line plane throughout the video, the cabin crew uniforms were not familiar (although I am aware that often other crews were utilised in early days of new types). Indeed I had the privilege of flying on the very first L1011 to visit Europe in Eastern Airlines colours, I think, on its sales trip with Dan Houghton himself on board and all the cabin crew were in various airline uniforms.Great inflight party and chat with flight finishing with an autoland back at Luton.

So its got me wondering if there were different options on airstair types on offer. I recall that Court Line didn't keep theirs very long (stairs I mean) perhaps due to weight or complexity and ensuing problems.) They also bought a Beverley and parked it at Luton, with the intent of moving an RB211 engine around if needed but don't think it ever flew.