PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax in cockpit during flight
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2018, 09:33
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Enjoyable reading about the past. Before the thread is moved to "nostalgia" or something, I agree with all who loved the history but quickly had to align with company policy after 9-11 or face very serious discipline. I also fully appreciate other's postings on how FD visits helped them into the career.

My first was MEA Viscount, Tehran - Beirut. NZ Skipper even presented me with a spare set of wings which became a trophy for me and huge inspiration. Then came BOAC Constellation.Didn't get me into Hamble though. Cally Britannia; oh yes, CP even let me fly it until I made all cabin crew down the back very sick. It was empty & I was just a Trainee Crewing Assistant. Laker, cripes, where does it end ? Stacks on the Brit & 707. Thanks to all that, successful in getting into the profession, I even flew RHS for Laker on the 1-11.

I returned the compliment by encouraging FD visits until 9-11 and could appreciate the Company rationale thereafter.

FLASH 8; I think the skipper on that trip was me.

Need to move on.Old days and golden certainly. Let that sweet little kid in for a visit these days & there might be a nasty Daddy right behind him. Take care out there guys.