PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lilydale crash
Thread: Lilydale crash
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2018, 21:38
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
C'mon Sheppey, it is sooo easy to confuse "Left Heading 290" with "Left Flight Level 290". Or so Leddie says. But, I suppose, throw in some slack %^& drawling, you might get there...

I think somebody has already asked him for the details of "a real accident and a string of really serious near-hits" but none were forthcoming. Maybe you'll have more success.

Oh dear! Another one who doesn't understand the subtleties of English and the appalling ways miscommunication occurs.

We learned the hard way in the defence forces , it's 'say again" not 'repeat" which is a fire direction term meaning do what you just did again.

Its "affirmative" and "negative" and so on for good reasons. The accident reports are full of "I thought he said"......

I have a pet peeve with the Missus when I ask "clear left?" on the road and her response is "right"!

But then again I have also been taken to task by ex girlfriends "why do you keep repeating what I just told you?" when I paraphrase what she said and feed it back to confirm - a habit I was taught by Neville Foote back in the Ansett days.