PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA verification of old FAA certificate
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2018, 11:00
Cusco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may not be entirely helpful as I already have the Plastic FAA certificate61.75 :I emailed Oaklahoma and the differing addresses do not concern them: They post the new licence to the address on your 2110 form you fill in: CAA helpfully sends the 2110 off to FAA for you.

I also had the £100 argument and established that £44 was the only charge: I was also told by CAA (on the phone) that an appointment wasn't necessary for the Verification exercise. I asked them to send me an email to this effect as I feared possible complications.

Sure enough when I arrived at Gatwick I was told I couldn't come in as I had no appointment. I showed them the email saying I didn't need an appointment and after a bit of bluster from the receptionist bloke (who are contractors and not CAA employees) and four phone calls , they printed me a temp pass and let me in.

Someone came down from upstairs, checked my documents (MUST be originals: you have a problem if all your utility accounts are online: I used my Council Tax Bill which had just arrived) and I was out within ten minutes.

They still haven't taken the £44 from my account yet (2 weeks) so my application is probably still sitting in a ruddy great pile.....

Last edited by Cusco; 27th Mar 2018 at 13:32.