PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lilydale crash
Thread: Lilydale crash
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2018, 15:05
gassed budgie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
The question to be asked is not whether his radio procedures were in accordance with the rules, but rather: What possessed him to fly into Lilydale? Was he visiting the Hanging Gardens of Lilydale? The Pyramids of Lilydale? The Grand Lilydale Canyon?

Why Lilydale?
I’m not sure LB, but I’ll hazard a guess. Strapped on the 210 the other day and decided to take some family and friends on a jaunt around the bay out of YMEN. Three takeoffs and landings later, a jolly good time was had by all.

The bill turned up a few days later. Three landings at $60 a go and a $20 parking fee whilst we had some light afternoon refreshment at the little cafe’ next to Coles. Two words spring to mind. The first one is ‘Rip’ and the second one is ‘off’.

I don’t mind paying to use the facility, but being slugged $200 to use Essendon over a couple of of hours on a sunny Saturday afternoon is a tad over the top. The parking fee by the way goes to $40 next year, $60 the year after and $80 in 2021. Absolutely outrageous.

The days of places like Essendon being seen as an asset to be used and for the good of the aviation community and the community at large, are well and truly over. One of the many reasons why GA is buggered in this country. Sorry ‘bout the thread drift.