PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax in cockpit during flight
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2018, 11:48
Hotel Tango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BusAirDriver, No anti UK or USA sentiment on my part. Just saying that many countries continue to be a lot more pragmatic on the subject. Passengers visiting the FD has resulted in no accidents. Letting kids sit in the pilot's seat and touch the controls has. Terrorist actions have. to my knowledge, resulted from forced entry into the FD (before locked doors). There have been the odd incident/accident attributed to a current or former company employer riding jump seat. However, there have been no more, indeed fewer, of those type of incidents then, for example, a member of the active crew committing suicide with a plane load of passengers!

And I believed there was a universal agreement after 9-11, that you could not bring passengers on flight deck. I believe this is the policy of most airlines, their SOP.
I believe that was left to individual nations to regulate as they saw fit. Consequently, and I know this for a fact, there are still pleanty of airlines which do allow FD visits subject to certain criteria being met.

Last edited by Hotel Tango; 26th Mar 2018 at 14:50.