PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax in cockpit during flight
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2018, 09:03
BusAirDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I did not complain that I got trough security with youghurt, and I find it equally ridiculous that we are not allowed our own liquid/ drinks.

I believe that even USA they allow you this.

Regarding reporting culture, I have myself experienced some of that but based on things written on Pprune, and I find that those colleagues, which must have been pilots, must be the lowest of the low to out somebody for their written words on Pprune.

One of the reasons I hardly spend any time on Pprune anymore, as you don’t know who is out there ready to stab you in the back.

Myself as a kid I was allowed to visit cockpit during flight and was a great experience, and I would have loved to been able to have my children with me too from time to time, but would it have distracted me? I think so.

The whole security of UK and USA is a different subject, this is about who you allow in the cockpit during flight.

And I believed there was a universal agreement after 9-11, that you could not bring passengers on flight deck.
I believe this is the policy of most airlines, their SOP.

You have the Argentinian pilots who got fired because they had some famous lady with them few years ago, so it’s not special for UK/ USA.

Regarding reporting of such incidents if yourself are involved, your fellow crew member would have put you in a very ackward situation, as in many companies would be considered a very serious SOP breach.
You don’t know who is on board etc, and if other cabin crew would report it, failing to report such an SOP breach would be quite serious with the company in my opinion.

Originally Posted by recceguy
Same in my company, by the way. Cabin crew reporting pilots is the major threat nowadays.

Now many will agree with me that this "reporting culture" does come from UK/USA/Aus/NZ/Irl world, as it has been ingrained in them since childhood and kindergarten .... and that's one of the reason I would never set up in these countries, especially as I would not want my children to become one of them.

Bus driver, you even complained that security is not good enough in UK because you brought yoghurts through ? so you somewhat agree with them, and consider their current delirium is not enough ? you wan t it to be worse ?