PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Crewmember Arrested in SIN - #MeToo?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2018, 09:22
4EvahLearning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parabellum
Among the high flying starlets from Hollywood whose profession is 'make believe'? Yes, quite probably. The casting couch has been there, rightly or wrongly, for over one hundred years, why should it suddenly hit the headlines now?
I'm flabbergasted. Maybe because now we have better communication thanks to the digital age, women's voices can be heard and who is interested in a voice from the hoi polloi? Maybe because it's all a conspiracy to detract from the horrors of the wars elsewhere in the world or the drug epidemic. Does it matter why?

Maybe it's time to stop it. Nothing changes without dialogue. Rape is serious. Let's not detract from that in this thread.

Rapists come from all walks of life and there may be a few who just happen to be pilots as well. Don't be afraid to open the conversation. Have the dialogue. Support the victims, persecute the perpetrators.

(I am not saying this pilot is guilty as I do not know the facts but there appears to be a problem in the industry if rapes are being reported - if no rapes are occurring there is a problem somewhere - why are these people reporting them)

I wonder what the PPRuner's responses would be if it was a male reporting being raped by a female captain. Whose side would they come down on?