PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going from EK widebody Capt to LCC in Europe. Opinions?
Old 25th Mar 2018, 08:30
tripleslavin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know loads of guys that like being here, as do I. Is it perfect? Not by a long chalk. Major issues here on rostering and leave need huge radical changes. I've not even hit two years and have over 40 days sitting, zero leave in my first year. (yes I contacted everyone who breathes in EK without any action)

The small things guys whine about piss me off when the big ones are glaringly obvious to tackle first. Treatment of leave is nothing short of criminal. I don't work for the GCAA so I don't give a toss that they think 30 days is ok.

EK is certainly not the worst place to be and I generally have a great day out with great crew. Would I recommend it?.....only if you're stuck.

The changes happening here are a UAE problem not just EK, hence the price hikes and other social issues. The greed is becoming very noticeable.

I could live with some of the small issues but the rostering problems and leave need immediate attention. Numerous reasons why pilots aren't arriving and honestly i don't blame them. We can be positive, enjoy the job, as I do myself, but not blind.

I'm certainly not leaving any day soon but without changes that'll come sooner than I planned.