PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going from EK widebody Capt to LCC in Europe. Opinions?
Old 24th Mar 2018, 06:42
PPPPPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubaigong, thanks for your reply. Dubai can be an expensive city. A quick google search put it at 20th on one list and 19th on another.
Dubai has some great dining options in all price brackets and as such there is plenty of competition for both residents and tourists to use them. Using offers to help attract custom is a very normal practice in many cities, and Dubai seems to be no exception.

It is great that I have the EPC as one option for discounts, and restaurants do use it with a wide range of discount from 10% upwards. Had we not used that one we could have used the entertainer discount scheme(buy one meal, get another free) that we get free with our HSBC account. I think Emirates NDB have a dining discount as well. Either way it allows us to go out and still manage our costs. Something that a lot of people in Dubai do. Groupon also works in Dubai I think, haven’t checked.

I’m not sure that makes me greedy or selfish, using discounts that are open to many people.

For what it’s worth, in terms of helping, I had a problem with the roster next(different thread) month. I emailed rostering and that they had it sorted within a week. They were very helpful.

Last edited by PPPPPP; 24th Mar 2018 at 06:47. Reason: Entertainer explanation