PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What salary to ask for
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2018, 12:58
Flyguy2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Klimax
You must be mixing up with Legacy 650 salaries, otherwise substandard and I suspect swing door ops. No serious operator or owner pays less than 12-15K EURO (NOT trump dollars!).
I fly the G650 in Europe currently, so I'm confident in those numbers. Salary is x13 months, plus 100 USD per diem per day while away on a 2 on/2 off roster. We're not paid in dollars obviously, but I did the conversation for clarity.

Like I said, a lot of variance btwn operators. There's a certain austrian G550 operator that pays it's FOs 3K Eur/month...Capt's only 7k. I know of other G650 Capts that are only at 10K eur/month.

In the end, Salary is just a part of it. Based at home with low ops tempo could mean plenty of money for very little effort, with opportunity for freelancing on the side (@1500-2k eur a day). On the other hand, 14K for always being gone might not make sense to you.
Point is, just because your flying the big bird doesn't always mean your making the big bucks. Operators and owners will always try to squeeze you. But if it affords the lifestyle you seek, so be it.

Last edited by Flyguy2002; 24th Mar 2018 at 13:26.