PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going from EK widebody Capt to LCC in Europe. Opinions?
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 07:20
Xulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nedul

Being picked up and dropped off door to door in a new BMW is an incredible benefit that no other airline offers afaik.

For you to describe this as "having to babysit an under qualified stink ball who's trying to kill you" is disgusting on so many levels, let alone completely inaccurate. Almost exclusively friendly, professional and clean....

Laundry is also another incredible benefit that makes working life easier. You seem to think that washing and ironing your entire uniform at home is quicker than spending 2 minutes in a line for Laundry. How can you ever be happy in the face of such logic?

Without fail, the guys with this attitude are horrific pilots, and ironically have to be babysat in the flight deck or the sim by the unfortunate soul that has to listen to their bs ranting. The same ones who shout at the crew over their cappuccino not being made to their taste, and then complain that no one came to visit them in the flight deck.

You are making everyone's life around you miserable. Please leave.

Edit: I would love to see these types work a summer at EZY. Getting up at 3am is hard, but 5 days in a row is soul destroying (and for your squidgy wife) - only to then have to iron your shirt, deice the car, drive around their car park, catch a bus, buy your boots sandwich, print your flight plans, eat their horrendous crew meals, drink their instant coffee, and yes get on your hands and knees to clean up the cabin in between each of your four daily sectors. It will be a humbling experience. Whilst your yearly hours might be ~750-800, your duty hours are >1200.

At EK you are put on a pedestal at work. This leads to current princess attitudes. I assure you, the EZY cabin crew will eat you alive.

Other reality checks: NHS vs EK clinic, sitting in economy between Sharon and Tracy for your November leave to Malaga, standing at the front of the cabin to make a PA, numerous >hour long slots, warming up a freezing aircraft, 25 min turns - rushing and stressing to keep to schedule throughout the day, only to wait 4 hours for an engineer to drive to the outstation to sign a tech log entry, and then 20 mins for stairs to get attached after landing etc etc.

Whilst EK has its problems, and we're all working too hard at the moment, I'm not so delusional to give it up for a Euro LCC. I can only imagine that you have never experienced it before, and have developed a romantic notion of 'manual flying, living in Europe, and sleeping in your own bed every night'.

Last edited by Xulu; 22nd Mar 2018 at 07:52.