PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going from EK widebody Capt to LCC in Europe. Opinions?
Old 21st Mar 2018, 15:59
PPPPPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I shouldn’t take the bait, but why not.

That felt like a fairly aggressive response.

I choose to see the positives in life. I like the car service they provide. I like having my laundry done for me. I like the food onboard. I always find the cabin crew to really nice and generous with food and drink. The staff travel perks are good and I’ve never had a problem with availability.

If you look at the world in the hope of finding negatives you will only find negatives. A driver who is trying to kill you vs the reality of accident statistics. ‘Less than helpful’ crew against the friendliness I come across. Spending 3 mins per shirt ironing them yourself against the (usually less than) 5 mins to pick up 4 shirts and a pair of trousers(you do the math).
Working 5 consecutive days of 6am to 2pm or a trip to cape town to eat a steak and drink a glass of wine(not all flights are night turn arounds).

If you look for the bad, you will find bad. If you place your expectations at a place where they will never be met you will always be disappointed.

For me I’m picked up by a friendly chap in a new bmw. I drop my laundry off 20yards from check in. I’ll fly over to somewhere nice for a day. On the way the cabin crew will make me a nice salad, and some minty green tea. On the way home I’ll pick up the laundry and be driven home.

Life is nice. It’s all about how you choose to see it.