PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going from EK widebody Capt to LCC in Europe. Opinions?
Old 21st Mar 2018, 12:14
Nedul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PPPPPP
Some things to consider.....
Picked up and dropped off vs driving round a car park looking for a spot(summer or winter)and waiting for a bus/walking to the crew room

Being handed a menu and asked what you want to eat vs being given a brown bag with a mars bar and sandwich in it/running to boots for the meal deal.

Ironing shirts vs being given a freshly laundered shirt

First class suit on staff travel vs an economy seat

Working 5 days on the trot vs 1 out, 1 back with a day off in between

The choice of whatever is in the first class galley vs a tea or coffee(Nescafé’s brown dirt with sort of warm water)

All I’m saying is low cost short haul is a different beast to EK life. If you haven’t experienced it before it will be a shock. If you’ve done it before then you know what you’re getting.
1. Picked up and dropped off vs driving round a car park looking for a spot(summer or winter)and waiting for a bus/walking to the crew room - I rather drive myself than have to babysit an under qualified stink ball while he tries to kill me.
2. Being handed a menu and asked what you want to eat vs being given a brown bag with a mars bar and sandwich in it/running to boots for the meal deal. - The quality of food, even in F is poor and indigestion inducing to say the least. The reality of which is actually trying to pry any leftovers out of less than helpful Crew. Give me the meal deal any day.
3. Ironing shirts vs being given a freshly laundered shirt - I'd rather take the 3 minutes it takes to iron one myself in front of Richard and Judy than stand in a queue at 8 am for 5 minutes when I've been up all night, all for the privilege of wearing a polyester Chinese special.
4. First class suit on staff travel vs an economy seat - Travel is highly over rated on ones days off.
5. Working 5 days on the trot vs 1 out, 1 back with a day off in between - Reality of which is 2 night flights and an attempted sleep in a hotel on the back of a clock, against 5 local nights in your own bed with a squidgy warm wife.
6. The choice of whatever is in the first class galley vs a tea or coffee(Nescafé’s brown dirt with sort of warm water) - Have you tried that Sri Lankan stuff they serve on board? I'd still rather make my own lukewarm beverage choices.

It appears all the above is still blinding people to the reality of a very carefully polished T**d.
Oh the green green grass of home.......